- An estimated 70,000 thoughts are produced by the brain on an average day.
- Albert Einstein's brain weighed only 1,230 grams, which is less than the average adult brain which weighs about 1,400 grams. However, the density of neurons was greater.
- More electrical impulses are generated in one day by a single brain than by all of the telephones in the world.
- Historians and doctors still debate on whether Louisa May Alcott, writer of Little Women, died of spinal meningitis, mercury poisoning, lupus, complications from a cold, or "nervous prostration." Her last words were: Is it not meningitis?
- The total number of people with dementia is projected to nearly double every 20 years.
sources:faculty.washington.edu & thefair.com